Evangelism and New Churches (ENC) is an Australian Charity registered with the Australian Charities Not for Profit Commission (ACNC). Although we are not bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (on the grounds of the small business exemption), we nevertheless recognise and seek to respect the National Privacy Principles contained within the Act.
ENC takes seriously its responsibility to collect and use data securely and confidentially. We are committed to being open about how we use personal information.
Collection of Personal Information:
We collect and retain information only when necessary for the purposes of the ministry and related activities of ENC. This includes personal information regarding our supporters, donors, employees and volunteers. We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
The personal information collected includes:
- Contact number
Generally, we will only use this personal information for the following purposes:
- to answer an inquiry;
- to provide you with products or services you have requested;
- to process a donation you have made;
- to issue a receipt or remittance advice;
- to register you for an event or conference;
- to contact you (either as an individual or as part of “corporate communication”), e.g. prayer letters
- to reimburse you for approved expenses;
- to establish and maintain a record of your involvement;
- to establish your suitability for a ministry (either as a volunteer or employee)
Where payment information is required, such as processing a credit card donation or accepting a payment, ENC uses payment platforms that are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Storage of personal information:
Personal information collected is held on our cloud storage. We retain effective control over any personal information held on our cloud, and the information is handled in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information, such as any card details, is held as a hard copy in a locked, secure location.
Disclosure of personal information:
ENC will make every reasonable effort to ensure that any information collected and retained is kept accurate, complete and up-to-date. To update your personal information, you can contact the ENC Accounts Administrator at any time.
ENC will provide individuals with access to their personal information as required by law unless there are reasonable legal reasons not to do so. If you ask, in most cases we must give you access to the personal information that we hold about you and take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect. We will try to make the process as simple as possible.
Furthermore, you are free to request at any time that ENC delete information kept about you in our records.
Concerns and Complaints:
ENC is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any concern or complaint you may have in relation to our privacy practices. If you are concerned about how personal information is being collected, protected, or used please contact the ENC Office in writing, setting out your concerns.
If you are not satisfied by our handling of any complaint, you can refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Definition of Terms:
- Personal Information: Personal information is any information where you can identify (or reasonably identify) an individual. It doesn’t matter if the information is true, or what form it’s in.
- Sensitive Information: Sensitive information is personal information that includes information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs and sexual orientation or practices, amongst other things. Generally, sensitive information has a higher level of privacy protection than other personal information.
We hope that you will be happy with our resources when you receive them. If not, you may return them to us unused and in good condition within 30 days for a full refund (less the cost of postage and handling). Postage on returns is your responsibility, unless we got your order wrong or they arrived damaged. Please contact us to let us know that you wish to return resources, so that we can know to expect them back and can process your refund without delay on their arrival. This guarantee is in addition to any statutory warranties and common law rights you may have as a consumer.
We love to make our resources widely available, should you wish to discuss a bulk purchase price or a partnership arrangement, please contact our office. The resources we offer may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of ENC and/or the authors.